Warren Man Faces Prison Time In Case Involving Jamestown Teen
A Warren man faces up to 27 years in prison after pleading guilty in the Court of Common Pleas to three felonies related to a missing New York teenager.
Michael J. Bundy III, 25, of Warren was charged in July by Warren city police with felony charges of first-degree felony rape forcible compulsion, two counts of second-degree statutory sexual assault – 8-11 years or older, two counts of second-degree felony sexual assault, two counts of second-degree felony aggravated indecent assault – forcible compulsion, two counts of second-degree felony aggravated indecent assault without consent, two counts of second-degree felony aggravated indecent assault – comp. less than 16, second-degree felony strangulation – applying pressure to the throat or neck, third-degree felony corruption of minors – defendant age 18 or above, and second-degree misdemeanor charges of indecent assault – without consent of other. Two counts of aggravated indecent assault of a person less than 16 years of age were withdrawn by prosecutors.
Bunch pleaded guilty to one count of second-degree statutory sexual assault: 8-11 years older, one count of second-degree felony aggravated indecent assault – forcible compulsion and one count of third-degree felony corruption of minors – defendant age 18 or over. The rest of the remaining 13 charges were not prosecuted.
Bundy faces up to 10 years in prison and a minimum of 25 years registration as a sex offender under Megan’s Law in Pennsylvania to satisfy the charge of second-degree felony statutory sexual assault: 8-11 years older. The penalty for second-degree felony aggravated indecent assault – forcible compulsion is also up to 10 years in prison and a classification as a Tier 3 sexual offense under Megan’s Law. The plea to third-degree felony corruption of minors – defendant age 18 or over includes up to seven years in prison, a potential lifetime prohibition on possessing, using or owning a firearm and registration under Megan’s Law.
According to the Affidavit of Probable Cause filed by Warren police officers, the case began with a June 8, 2025, report from the New York State Police of a missing teenage girl. Warren police received information June 16 about the incident, with updated information received June 19 that the girl may be in the city of Warren. Officers were unable to find the girl on June 19, but received a call on June 21 that the girl was allegedly staying with Bundy III.
The Warren County Adult Probation Department and Warren police officers went back to Bundy’s apartment. Bundy wasn’t home, according to the affidavit, but the girl was in the apartment. She was taken into protective custody and the New York State Police were notified. Officers then went to Bundy’s workplace, where he was taken into custody on a probation detainer until charges were filed.
On June 22, a city police detective interviewed Bundy III, who said the girl had come to Warren trying to meet up with one of Bundy’s coworkers. The coworker wanted nothing to do with the girl, so Bundy said he allowed the girl to stay at his apartment despite allegedly knowing she had run away from home.
On June 23, a forensic interview was done at the Children’s Advocacy Program in Jamestown. The girl told investigators that after she ran away from home, she reached out to a friend on Snapchat asking if they would pick her up. The friend agreed and drove her around Jamestown before going to Warren upon the girl’s request. The girl said she reached out to an old friend at his place of employment, but the friend didn’t want her around, leaving the girl stranded in Warren. That’s when Bundy invited her to his apartment.The girl detailed instances of intercourse during her stay with Bundy, and the affidavit states Bundy also admitted to intercourse with the girl.
In other news, a Warren man charged earlier this year with first-degree felony unlawful contact with a minor – sexual offenses, third-degree felony unlawful contact with a minor – open lewdness and third-degree felony criminal use of a communication facility has pleaded guilty to two felony charges.
Nathen W. Stahlman, 19, pleaded guilty to second-degree felony unlawful contact with a minor – sexual offenses and third-degree criminal use of a communication facility recently in the Court of Common Pleas. Stahlman faces up to 10 years in prison and mandatory registration as a sex offender under Megan’s Law. Third-degree criminal use of a communication facility is punishable by up to seven years in prison and a fine of up to $15,000.



