×

Ellington Home Saved In Morning Blaze

ELLINGTON — A garage was significantly damaged in a fire Sunday morning.

Chautauqua County fire investigators were summoned to a home on Thorton Road in Ellington for a structure fire reported shortly before 6 a.m.

An investigation determined that the fire originated in the home’s chimney before spreading through the ceiling and rafters to an attached garage. The garage was heavily damaged in the blaze, the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office said Sunday.

The fire was ruled accidental.

Ellington firefighters, with the help of surrounding volunteer departments, were able to save the residence, the Sheriff’s Office said.

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

COMMENTS

Starting at $4.75/week.

Subscribe Today