(10:30 PM) Faulty Equipment Fills City Auto Shop With Smoke

P-J photo by Eric Tichy

A faulty piece of equipment is believed to have caused smoke to fill a Jamestown auto repair shop late Sunday.

City firefighters were called to Stan’s Services, 507 Washington St., at 10 p.m. Fire officials arrived to find the shop full of smoke.

Firefighters went onto the property’s roof and managed to gain entry through a bay door.

The shop was ventilated, and crews remained on scene for about a half hour.

No further information was available by press time.