Clues In the Background
Another set of photographs in the collection of the Fenton History Center features the construction of the "new" Y.M.C.A. building at the northeast corner of East Fourth and Pine Streets. It was referred to as the new Y.M.C.A. because their earlier building had been built at the corner of East Second Street and Prendergast Avenue in 1900. The first photograph in this set is dated 30 October 1928. It shows what seems to be a survey crew on the front lawn of the residence that is present on the lot. The large sign for the Warren Construction Company is leaning against the front porch of ...