SW Boys Run Past Maple Grove
BEMUS POINT — Southwestern snuck out a boys cross country win at Long Point State Park on Tuesday, finishing with 28 points to edge out host Maple Grove (29), Franklinville (89) and Silver Creek (110).
Peter Auer was the individual winner for Maple Grove (16:36), holding off Dagon Bryant of Southwestern (17:11).
In the girls race, Maple Grove finished with 15 points to take home the title, ahead of Southwestern (57) and Franklinville (63).
Ava Crist took home that race for the Red Dragons in 18:54, ahead of teammate Christina Peppy (19:59).
1. Peter Auer (M). 2. Dagon Bryant (S). 3. Drew Kelemen (M). 4. Eddie Scroxton (S). 5. Ethan Luce (S). 6. Riley Auer (M). 7. Darius Jones (M). 8. Brady Fye (S). 9. Jackson Vanstrom (S). 10. Nate Lewis (S). T–16:36
1. Ava Crist (M). 2. Christina Peppy (M). 3. Abby Brunenavs (M). 4. Juliana Flick (S). 5. Tory Pavlock (M). 6. Hannah Tarbrake (M). 7. Taryn Herman (F). 8. Gabby Wigren (S). 9. Lilly Nelson (S). 10. Carling Lockwood (M). T–18:54
BROCTON — Fredonia posted a pair of wins, taking home the boys race via tiebreaker over Randolph.
The Hillbillies and Cardinals both finished with 38 points, with Avery Willibrandt’s 12th place finish sealing the victory for Fredonia.
Ronan McDonald claimed the individual title for Randolph in 18:01, while teammate Josh Walters clocked a 18:12.
Frewsburg finished in third place with 46 points.
In the girls race, Fredonia finished with 25 points, Randolph 47 and Frewsburg 57.
Emily Brown won that race in 20:15 for Fredonia, while Acacia Barber clocked a 20:42 for Frewsbug.
1. Ronan McDonald (R). 2. Josh Walters (R). 3. Chris Annear (FD). 4. Toby Gifford (FW). 5. Roan Kelly (R). 6. Adam Lesch (FD). 7. Noah Collins (FW). 8. Owen Ludwig (FD). 9. Declan Gibbons (FW). 10. Fred Gullo (FD). T–18:01
1. Emily Brown (FD). 2. Acacia Barber (FW). 3. Savannah Lashbrook (FD). 4. Elisabeth Root (R). 5. Julia LeBaron (FD). 6. Ashlyn Ambrose (FE). 7. Rylee Gore (FW). 8. Lucy VanRensselaer (R). 9. Amanda Graham (R). 10. McKenna Miller (FD). T–20:15
OLEAN — Falconer/Cassadaga Valley claimed a pair of wins, taking home the boys meet with 18 points to upend Gowanda (42) and Cattaraugus-Little Valley (85).
Bryce Baglia captured the boys race with a time of 16:52.
In the girls race, Falconer/Cassadaga Valley finished with 22 points, Gowanda 42 points and Cattaraugus-Little Valley with 64.
Kayla Forthman won the girls race in 21:30 for Gowanda.
1. Bryce Baglia (F). 2. Rayven Sample (F). 3. Christian Cook (G). 4. Joseph Krenzer (F). 5. Joey Pillittieri (F). 6. Johnathan Brockelbank (F). 7. John Ondus (G). 8. Wyatt Harrington (F). 9. Cole Herner (G). 10. Devin Austin (F). T–16:52
1. Kayla Forthman (G). 2. Marie Lemay (F). 3. Tabitha Clark (F). 4. Makayla Lebaron (F). 5. Emma Pocobello (C). 6. Sarah Elder (F). 7. Mackenzie Haskins (F). 8. Emagin Warrior (G). 9. Aaliyah Small (C). 10. S. Thompson (G). T–21:30
CARLSON, ODELL SHINE
Allegany-Limestone finished with 25 points, ahead of Jamestown (35) and Clymer/Sherman/Panama (70).
The Red Raiders’ Drew Carlson led the way in the boys race with a time of 17:29.3.
In the girls race, Clymer/Sherman/Panama finished with 36 points, Allegany-Limestone 59, Dunkirk 65 and Jamestown 66.
Kylee Odell took home the girls race for the Wolfpack in 20:18.6, edging out Angelina Napoleon of Allegany-Limestone and setting a new course record in the process.
1. Andrew Carlson (J). 2. Jacob Brink (A). 3. Chase Deponceau (J). 4. Ryan Wisniewski (A). 5. Daniel Casey (A). 6. Alex Redeye (A). 7. Colton Cappalino (J). 8. Ben Besok (A). 9. Zack Krenzel (A). 10. Owen White (CSP). T–17:29.3
1. Kylee Odell (CSP). 2. Angelina Napoleon (A). 3. Jericha Petrella (D). 4. Siera Jacques (D). 5. Berit Abers (J). 6. Emily Mills (CSP). 7. Alyssa Studley (A). 8. Leighanna Swan (CSP). 9. Lindsey Kolb (A). 10. Kaylee Hodge (CSP). T–20:18.6