×

Damaged Power Strip Cause Of Fire

SINCLAIRVILLE — A faulty power strip was cited as the source of a fire that damaged a town of Gerry residence Sunday.

Firefighters were summoned at about 11:15 a.m. to 2200 Old Chautauqua Road near Sinclairville. Crews from Gerry, Ellery Center, Sinclairville, Ellington, Cherry Creek and Kennedy, as well as Chautauqua County EMS, responded to the fire.

No injuries were reported, the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.

An investigation found that a power strip became damaged and faulted. “This caused the wire and surrounding debris to combust,” the Sheriff’s Office said.

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *
   

COMMENTS

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today