×

Fire That Damaged Building Ruled Accidental

Firefighters are pictured Jan. 9 at 2538 Fisher Hill Road in the town of Poland. A fire that damaged the property has been ruled accidental. P-J file photo by Jay Young

KENNEDY — A building that was heavily damaged by fire last week in the town of Poland has been ruled accidental.

Capt. Rich Telford of the Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team said an electrical issue inside an outlet sparked the fire reported Jan. 9 around noon at 2538 Fisher Hill Road. An insurance inspector on the property spotted smoke coming from the eaves of the building, located adjacent to a residence, and called 911.

Kennedy firefighters were assisted by volunteers from Falconer, Frewsburg and Kiantone.

In an effort to get more water on the fire, crews eventually began to pump from a small pond located on the premises.

The nearby home was not damaged in the fire. “The main structure house is fine, this (fire) was a house that was built many years ago,” said Keith Bean, Kennedy fire chief.

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

COMMENTS