×

(10:55 AM) No One Injured After Fire Breaks Out At City Home

No one was injured after fire broke out at a city residence late Monday.

Jamestown firefighters were called at 11:14 p.m. to 245 Barrows St. for a report of a fire in an upstairs bedroom. Two adults and a teenager were able to get out of the residence before first responders arrived.

Lt. Tim Glenn of the Jamestown Fire Department said the fire was caused by an overloaded electrical outlet. He said the bedroom sustained heat and soot damage in the blaze.

Additional firefighters were called in to assist at the scene. Crews were on scene for about three hours.

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

COMMENTS

Starting at $4.75/week.

Subscribe Today