(2:40 PM) City Home Damaged By Fire Early Sunday

A city home was damaged by fire early Sunday.

Jamestown firefighters were summoned to 332 Camp St. around 3:15 a.m. Crews arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the two-story home, with fire appearing at the rear of the property.

Lt. Bruce Sheldon of the Jamestown Fire Department said the fire started in the kitchen before spreading elsewhere, including the garage and attic.

Two firefighters were injured battling the blaze. One was treated at the scene while the other was transported to UPMC Chautauqua for treatment of minor injuries and later released.

City fire investigators were on scene until about 8:30 a.m. Crews were called back shortly before noon to the Camp Street property for smoldering materials in the attic.

Sheldon said the cause of the fire was due to an overloaded power strip in the kitchen.