When Should I Contact The Social Security Office?

It may be helpful to contact the Social Security Administration to:

¯ Enroll into Medicare Part A and Part B

¯ Correct issues with your Medicare Part A or Part B effective dates

¯ Request a replacement Medicare card

¯ Appeal an income-related monthly adjustment (IRMAA) decision, for people who pay a higher Part B or Part D premium because their income is over a certain amount

¯ Apply for Extra Help, which is a federal program that helps people with limited income and assets afford their Medicare prescription drug costs

¯ Report a change of address or phone number


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *


Starting at $4.60/week.

Subscribe Today