ELLERY - Clothes left too close to a wood-burning stove has been found to be the cause of a fire that ripped through an Ellery home Friday.
The Pickard Round blaze, which brought in six area fire departments, has been ruled accidental, according to the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Department.
Firefighters on Friday were dispatched to a house fire located at 4067 Pickard Road in Ellery. The fire largely was contained to the first floor of the home, the Sheriff's Department said in a news release.
The Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team was requested to determine the origin of the fire, which occured just before 7 p.m. The investigation team determined that clothes left near a wood-burning stove ignited, causing the fire.
The Ellery Fire Department was assisted by Sinclairville, Ashville, Bemus Point, Maple Springs and Stockton firemen. No injuries were reported.