NORTH HARMONY - A Thursday house fire at 2467 Butts Road has been ruled accidental.
Chautauqua County Sheriff's Office fire investigators say the stove pipe on a wood-burning stove in the basement was installed too close to combustible material, which started the fire.
No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported. The house was a total loss.
Ashville received assistance from Panama, Chautauqua, Bemus Point, Ellery Center, Lakewood and Busti fire departments.
PO Box 3386 , Jamestown, NY 14702-3386 | 716-487-1111