(12:35 PM) Items Left Near Space Heater Cause Of Stubborn Fire

“Combustible items” left near a space heater has been cited as the cause of a stubborn fire in Jamestown on Friday.

Andrew Finson, battalion chief with the Jamestown Fire Department, said the fire at 281 Willard St. has been ruled accidental by fire investigators.

The fire was reported around 2:20 p.m. after a passing motorist observed the blaze and called 911. A woman was able to escape the blaze and is being assisted by the Res Cross.

Off-shift firefighters were called in to assist dousing the blaze. Crews were on scene for several hours battling wind and the cold as they worked, Finson said.

See The Sunday Post-Journal for more.