The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, a nonprofit research group based in Washington, D.C., has recognized three of National Grid's energy efficiency programs - Low-Income Retrofit, Small Business and EnergyWise programs - as "exemplary programs." The exemplary program awards are part of a national awards program designed to recognize and profile America's leading utility-sector energy efficiency programs.
"Saving money and managing usage is what our customers tell us are high priorities for them. Our energy efficiency programs do just that, and we've made great strides in continuously improving and enhancing them so we can help customers and the communities we serve," said Edward White, vice president of customer and business strategy, National Grid. "It's extremely gratifying for us to work with so many customers who want to do their part to reduce energy usage and live or work in an environmentally responsible building. That's why, in large part, this award also belongs to them. We're honored and proud to have achieved this recognition from ACEEE."
National Grid's Small Business Program, serving customers in New York, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts, is designed to help business customers with an average monthly demand of 100/200/300 (NY/RI/MA) kilowatts or less reduce their energy costs by installing energy efficient equipment. National Grid provides free energy audits, recommends energy efficiency improvements, and provides incentives up to 70 percent of the cost of the installation of new energy efficient equipment. Customers also have the option to re-pay the remaining 30 percent interest free, on their electric bill, for up to 24 months. Some of the cost-cutting, energy efficient equipment available through this program includes Lighting and Lighting Controls, Cooling, Ventilation, Motors, Compressed Air, VFDs, EMS, Kitchen Equipment, Water Heating, Building Envelope and Insulation, and HVAC.
For more information on National Grid's Energy Efficiency programs for residential and commercial and industrial customers, please visit www1.nationalgridus.com/EnergyEfficiencyServices.
The ACEEE Exemplary Programs Awards seek to recognize leading examples of energy efficiency programs for all types of customers (residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural) and end-uses. Winning programs are selected based on criteria that includes direct energy savings, market impacts, cost effectiveness, customer service and satisfaction, innovation and transferability.
National Grid is an electricity and gas company that connects consumers to energy sources through its networks. The company is at the heart of one of the greatest challenges facing society - to create new, sustainable energy solutions for the future and developing an energy system that underpins economic prosperity in the 21st century. National Grid holds a vital position at the center of the energy system and it "joins everything up."
In the northeast U.S., we connect more than 7 million gas and electric customers to vital energy sources, essential for our modern lifestyles. In Great Britain, we run the gas and electricity systems that our society is built on, delivering gas and electricity across the country.