In 1913, Martin Miller received word in Corry from his brother, W.C. Miller at Irvine, that during the first trials of the Miller biplane since it was overhauled earlier in the year, the machine had proved a bigger success than ever. The head piece had been entirely removed and while this to some extent increased the peril of wrecking the outfit, it had been found to make it possible for the biplane to develop a speed approximately of 90 to 100 mph. In the first flight made, Miller drove his machine to a point between Corry and Warren, then descended at Starbrick to allow his motor to cool. After a few minutes stop at Starbrick, Miller drove the biplane back to Irvine. This was the first trip made with the headpiece off and the increased speed was something terrific.