CHAUTAUQUA - Firefighters were able to save a residence Monday night at Chautauqua Institution.
A police officer on his rounds noticed a fire at 30 Ramble Ave. around 11:45 p.m. Firefighters from Chautauqua, Sherman, Ashville and Mayville were dispatched.
A fire chief from the Chautauqua Fire Department said quick action was able to save the three-story residence and nearby structures. A fire investigator pegged damaged at $200,000 due to smoke, fire and water damage.
Firefighters saved a residence Monday night, although investigators have reported extensive damage.
P-J photo by Eric Tichy
The fire is being labeled as accidental; an electrical problem in a third-story bathroom was cited as causing the blaze.
No one was living inside the residence at the time, according to a caretaker.
See Wednesday's edition of The Post-Journal for complete coverage.