SHERMAN - A fully engulfed trailer fire in Sherman brought in four fire departments over the weekend.
Matt Oehlbeck, fire chief for the Sherman fire department, said a structure fire was reported around 5:30 a.m. on Saturday at 3101 Clymer-Sherman Road. First responders already were on an emergency medical service call elsewhere at the time of the blaze.
Snow and windy conditions proved tricky, Oehlbeck said.
"With the weather and the wind, the fire had a good start on us when we got there," the fire chief said. "The trailer was fully engulfed when we arrived."
The cause of the fire, Oehlbeck said, was due to a "malfunction in the furnace."
Crews from Clymer, Findley Lake and South Ripley were called in to assist Sherman firefighters. Firemen were on the scene for about two and a half hours.
The trailer was a total loss, Oehlbeck said, although no dollar amount could be provided. No injuries have been reported.