Dust Collector Doused

No One Injured After Fire Breaks Out At Falconer Business

No one was injured after a fire broke out inside a dust collector at a Falconer business Tuesday morning. Crews were on scene for about an hour and a half. P-J photo by Eric Tichy

FALCONER — A fire inside a dust collector was doused at a Falconer business Tuesday morning.

Charles Piazza, chief of the Falconer Fire Department, was at home when he heard an explosion around 11:30 a.m. and saw flames coming from one of the collectors at Keywell Corp., 1873 Lyndon Blvd.

Volunteer firefighters from Falconer, Frewsburg, Kennedy and Kiantone were called for assistance. Chautauqua County HAZMAT members were called to check air quality around the facility, while county EMS and fire coordinators also responded to the village on Tuesday.

Keywell Corp. collects and processes metal materials.

Crews were on scene for about an hour and a half. No one was injured in the incident, Piazza said.

COMMENTS