BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

Unattended Grill Blamed In Sparking Sinclairville Fire

Photo by Dan Kohler

Photo by Dan Kohler

An unattended grill reportedly sparked a blaze Wednesday in Sinclairville that brought in several area fire departments, the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office said.

Firefighters were notified around 7:30 p.m. to the blaze at 6381 Route 60 in the village. The Sheriff’s Office said tenants in one of the residences’ two apartments started a grill on a rear deck, which was left unattended for an unknown amount of time.

The occupants later saw the back-portion of the home on fire, which then traveled up the side of the structure and into the attic.

The blaze caused significant damage, the Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team announced late Wednesday. Officials ruled the fire accidental.

The apartments’ other tenants were not home when the fire started.

COMMENTS