UPDATE: ‘Inadequate Chimney Pipe’ Cited As Cause Of Blaze

Firefighters are pictured at the scene of a house fire at 37 Park St., Sinclairville. P-J photo by Eric Tichy

SINCLAIRVILLE — No serious injuries were reported after a stubborn fire broke out at a home Tuesday night.

Volunteer firefighters from several departments were summoned around 9 p.m. to 37 Park St. in Sinclairville. The blaze reportedly started near the chimney before spreading to the rest of the structure.

The homeowner said her father was sleeping inside the home when the fire began but was able to get out of the residence. The homeowner, who was not at home when the blaze was reported, said she lived at the Sinclairville property for about 14 years.

In all, four people were displaced by the fire and are being assisted by the American Red Cross

County fire investigators at the scene of Tuesday night's fire in Sinclairville. P-J photo by Eric Tichy

Crews used ladders and several hose lines in attempt to knock down the blaze. About an hour into the incident, fire could still be seen coming from the roof while one firefighter was checked for smoke inhalation

The fire, which destroyed the home, was completely knocked down by about 11 p.m.

Two Chautauqua County fire investigators were called to the Park Street scene. The cause of the blaze was due to “heat exposure from an inadequate chimney pipe in close proximity to wood siding,” investigators said.

Sinclairville firefighters were assisted by crews from Cassadaga, Gerry, Fluvanna and Busti. Chautauqua County Emergency Services, EMS and fire coordinators also responded, as did the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office.