9:58 A.M.: Overnight Police Blotter
CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPT.
• POMFRET — Miguel A. Rodriguez, 52, of Jamestown was charged with parking on pavement, unlicensed operator, first-degree aggravated unlicensed operator, felony driving while intoxicated and aggravated DWI at 2 a.m. Wednesday on Route 60 in Pomfret when deputies were investigating a suspicious situation at the intersection of Route 60 and Straight Road. Rodriguez was arraigned in Pomfret Town Court and taken to the Chautauqua County Jail on bail.
• ELLERY — Jennifer L. Zak, 49, of Jamestown was charged with DWI, DWI with a blood-alcohol content of .08 percent or greater and consumption of alcohol in a motor vehicle after deputies checked a suspicious vehicle at Long Point State Park at 1:40 a.m. Tuesday. Zak will be in Ellery Town Court later.
• FREDONIA — Maggie M. Veres, 20, of Stockton was charged with using a cell phone while driving and moving from lane unsafely at 4:15 a.m. May 11. Deputies pulled Veres’ vehicle over when deputies reported seeing her using a cell phone while driving and moving from the driving lane unsafely. During the traffic stop deputies were alerted to a quantity of items from a local retail store. After an investigation it was found that Veres had allegedly intentionally taken items from the store without paying for them. She was charged on Wednesday with petit larceny and fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property. She will be in Fredonia Village Court later.
• SILVER CREEK — Brian D. Dilorenzo Sr., 50, of Silver Creek was charged with criminal obstruction of breathing or blood circulation at 7:13 p.m. Tuesday after deputies responded to a reported fight on Tew Street in Silver Creek. Dilorenzo Sr, allegedly placed his hands around the neck of another individual. Dilorenzo Sr. will be in Silver Creek Village Court later.
SOUTHERN TIER REGIONAL DRUG TASK FORCE
• GOWANDA — Sara L. Seeley, 29, of 20 Frederick St., Gowanda, wa scharged with third-degree unlawful manufacturing of methamphetamine, a class D felony; second-degree criminal use of drug paraphernalia, a Class A misdemeanor; and seventh-degreee criminal possession of a controlled substance after a search warrant was executed at her home at 1:30 p.m. Monday. During the search, detectives allegedly found methamphetamine, laboratory equipment, precursors and chemical agents used to make methamphetamine. Detectives also report finding illegal pills, fentanyl and drug paraphernalia. Seeley was arraigned in Persia Town Court.
• Richard Philbrick Sr., 32, of Jamestown, was charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony, and criminally using drug paraphernalia and Jason R. Remington, 39, of Brocton was charged with consuming alcohol in a motor vehicle after a vehicle was pulled over at 12:03 a.m. Wednesday on Newland Avenue near Broadhead Avenue for having non-transparent side windows. During the traffic stop, officers reported seeing Remington, a passenger in the vehicle, drinking an alcoholic beverage in the vehicle. Philbrick, a state parolee who was also a passenger in the vehicle, was allegedly in possession of methamphetamine and several items of drug paraphernalia. They were taken to the Jamestown City Jail until they can be arraigned.