Jamestown Roofing Fund Benefits St. Susan Center
Jamestown Roofing Inc., a commercial and industrial roofing company, has been part of the local landscape since 1892.
After World War II, Sam and Ann Dominick moved to Jamestown from Erie, Pa., and purchased the company to continue a family-owned business tradition. Following Sam’s death, Ann ran the company herself through the 1960s. Their son, Carl, served three years in the U.S. Army, completed his college education and returned home to help Ann manage the company.
In 1964, Carl married Mary O’Hagen and together, they spent the next 51 years being devoted parents to four sons and working hand in hand to run their family’s business.
Today, their sons; Joseph, Carl, Timothy and Daniel, along with grandson Joseph, continue to deliver professional assistance, customer service and quality craftsmanship, adding yet another generation to the family’s legacy.
The Dominicks felt strongly about their role in the community and understood the importance of giving back. When Carl passed away in October 2015, they kept those thoughts in mind and established a fund at the Chautauqua Region Community Foundation in memory of their husband and father.
The Carl A. Dominick Jamestown Roofing Fund supports St. Susan Center as it continues its mission to offer meals, fellowship, dignity and respect to all who come through its doors, and the foundation’s fund for the region to provide the broadest range of support for the community’s well-being.